Only 6 miles and a 12 minute drive from the center of New Hope, the 1740 House has 24 guest rooms and suites, all with a view of the river. It has been a B&B since Harry Nessler opened it in 1968. The original stone structure, which dates back to 1790, is flanked by two larger wood additions, and remnants of an old stone barn was built around 1740. Every guest room features a large window overlooking the canal. First floor rooms all have an outdoor terrace, while second story rooms all have a balcony, each with table and chairs.
Some might fondly remember the pool that was situated beside the old stone barn. This was taken out in 2010 when Joe Luccaro, who currently owns Holly Hedge Estate, and 4 other long-time residents of Bucks County, purchased the property. A courtyard which can be used for wedding ceremonies was put in, and an existing outdoor patio was enclosed and turned into a small pub. The pub is open for private parties, inn guests and members of the 1740 House Club. This is a private club for neighbors and friends. The 1740 House hosts small weddings and Cindy DeSau Photography had actually photographed their first one. An historic quaint room can accommodate sit down dinners.
The 1740 House rooms are also used to accommodate any overflow guests from Holly Hedge weddings, with a shuttle running between the two venues.